Practical Pipelines is making current and localized pipeline safety training resources accessible for all responders.
Welcome to Practical Pipelines, your free county-specific pipeline safety and awareness resource. This website has been developed to meet the ongoing needs of busy first responders like you!
BE INSPIRED, NOT LECTURED with county-specific multi-media pipeline safety training that reduces the limitations of place and time and provides flexible opportunity for all responders to train.
Your Practical Pipelines resources are designed to challenge the attitude of “training for a rare emergency” to considering pipelines as an everyday part of public safety. You will learn eye-opening facts about the pipelines in your state and county, be equipped with information to enhance emergency preparedness and response and be inspired to take an active role in pipeline safety on behalf of responder and community safety.
- No Cost
- Flexible and Ongoing Use
- Localized Information
- 24/7 Access
- CEU Credit Potential
- Annually Updated
- Engaging and Inspirational
- Multi-Use (Training, Preplanning, Prevention, Response)
- Year-Round Support Available
How it Works
Select your state and county from the menus and enter your password. If you do not already have a password, you will see an option to request one.
Once you arrive on your County Pipeline Safety Page you will be able to:
- Visit your County Toolkit and explore your customized resources and tools, including downloads.
- Watch your 50-minute County-Specific Pipeline Safety Training Video
- Report training completions and receive completion certificates
- Complete your Agency Capabilities Assessment (if you are the appropriate person).
- Incorporate in an upcoming in-person training (and then forward the training link to responders that were unable to attend)
- Forward the training link to all of your responders for individual use and then have a discussion about the training topic at an upcoming in-person training
- Enhance new-hire orientations by requiring individual completion
- Share during an emergency planning or prevention collaboration with other agencies in your county
Saving Lives and Earning Wings
After your first training submission, you will receive your Practical Pipelines door/window decal and first wing in the mail. Each year your agency participates you will receive another wing to add to the decal.
Wings = Recognition and Awards
“The course was a good refresher for our veterans and solid first-time information for the new guys.”
“The online course worked great. It was easy to email it out for everyone to watch, then discuss the information at our monthly meeting.”
What First Responders are Saying
First Responders who participate in Practical Pipelines are helping make our communities safer. This is what they say about their customized pipeline safety resources.
Engaging, educating and empowering stakeholders with customized pipeline safety and damage prevention using high-touch and high-tech methods that meet RP1162, CGA’s Best Practices and beyond.
The Danielle Dawn Smalley Foundation
PO Box 824757
Dallas, TX 75382